We (Farm Focus Ltd) collect and hold personal information from you when you register for and use any of our products and related support services (collectively, the Services) or otherwise interact with us in relation to those Services.
Information we collect
We collect Personal Information (which may include names, IP address, email addresses, phone numbers, location information, payment information, browser information and interactions an individual has with our Website and the Services). We collect this information from:
- you, when you provide that Personal Information to us, through registration and use of our Website and the Services, or through any other interactions with us (e.g. telephone call, email or web chat).
- Your agent (for example, your accountant) when your agent provides that Personal Information to us on your behalf.
- A Workspace Subscriber that you authorised to access your Personal Information via the Workspace Service.
- Use of the Website and/or Services, any action an individual takes while using our Website or Services. We use this information to provide the Services, understand what content and features are effective and improve our Website and/or Services.
Use and disclosure
We may access, process and/or disclose personal information about you or that you provide to us in order to:
- to create and set up accounts;
- to provide you with the Services (including any post-termination data retention services) and otherwise comply with our obligations under our End User Agreements;
- to comply with our obligations to our third-party service providers, contractors and suppliers;
- to identify Authorised Users when they sign-in to an account and verify that the account is not being used by unauthorised persons;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you where you have consented to receiving such material. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link) or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- analyse and monitor use of the Services and to inform you of any products, software, services or information that we believe you may be interested in;
- comply with the law or legal proceedings served on us (including any notification and reporting obligations and any access directions, imposed on us by any Government agency);
- enforce and investigate potential breaches of our end user licence agreement with you or any other unauthorised use of the Services; and
- protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, customers or the public;
- to respond to due diligence requests and/or transfer Personal Information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition of our business.
We may also use personal information collected for such other purposes that are compatible with the original purpose described above, or that we the relevant individual has otherwise authorised from time to time.
In order to process subscriber payments for the Services, we use Stripe, Windcave, GoCardless and Chargify, each a third party payment processor.
- Each third party payment processor collects, uses and processes information, including payment information, in accordance with their own privacy policies (each available on the relevant third party’s website).
- Personal Information will be transferred outside New Zealand to jurisdictions in which the third party payment processors each operate.
Third party services
We work with third party service providers in New Zealand who provide data processing, development, hosting, support, maintenance, credit card and subscription management and payment services and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process, personal information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
How long we keep personal information
We will keep Personal Information:
- until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it;
- until the relevant individual requests us to stop using it; or
- for as long as required by law e.g., we keep invoice information for 8 years to fulfil tax obligations.
You should be aware that we do keep backups and logs for a period before they are automatically deleted.
Cookies and tracking
We may use various technologies to collect and store information about individuals when they use the Website and the Services, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our Website. The cookie is stored on your device, but does not identify you or give us any information about your device.
The types of cookies we use may include:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the full functionality of our Website. They enable you to navigate around our Website and use its features. Without these cookies, you may not be able to access all the functions of our Website.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Website. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and only used to improve how our Website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make (for example, your user name, language or your region). Although these cookies are used to enhance the performance of our Website, they are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is
a persistent or session cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing.
Persistent cookies will stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
We use analytics products, such as Google Analytics, with the aim of improving your experience on our Website. Our analytics collect information such as how often users visit the Website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the site.
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on the Website for several purposes. For example, we may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to track and measure the performance of the Website, to monitor how many visitors view our Website, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on an individual’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email). We use these web beacons to customise content and advertising and to analyse traffic to our Website.
Protecting personal information
We take the protection of Personal Information seriously and we will take reasonable steps to keep Personal Information in our possession safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, you have rights to access and correct any of your personal information that we hold.