Thinking about switching from Cashmanager RURAL to Farm Focus?
What happens if I’m still using Cashmanager RURAL in 2022?
Since early 2021 we’ve been advising our Cashmanager RURAL customers that they need to switch to Farm Focus by the end of 2021. If you’re still using Cashmanager RURAL, you’ll receive a call from us in early 2022 to assist you to make the switch to Farm Focus.
When our team member calls, they will offer to help you to make the switch over the phone, or they will advise a time that we will make the switch for you.
After the switch, our customer care team will follow up to make sure you have all the support and training you need to get up and running with Farm Focus.
If you have time between now and when we call, you are still welcome to make the switch yourself – see “I’m ready to switch – what do I do” below.
For more information, see our Switch to Focus brochure.
I'm ready to switch - what do I do?
Great! Please visit switchtofocus.co.nz, have a look through the resources and the pre-switch checklist, then click the Switch Now button when you’re ready to go.
Download our handy step-by-step switching guide, and have this on hand as you switch.
If you haven’t done so already, please join our free, Switch to Focus online training. You can do this before or after you switch, or even both! One of our friendly team will show you how to get up and running.
Will all my Cashmanager RURAL data come across to Farm Focus when I switch?
When you switch from Cashmanager RURAL to Farm Focus, all your data will come with you. You will see current data, up to the last three years of transactions in Farm Focus, while historical data prior to these three years is available in your reports.
Your historical data can be viewed in the following reports:
- Analysis by Code (ABC)
- Cashflow Detail
- Variance and YTD Variance
Your current data can be viewed in the reports above as well as in these reports:
- Economic Farm Surplus (EFS)
- Profit & Loss (P&L)
- Livestock Trading
- Livestock Reconciliation
If you want your current and future plans to be brought into Focus please make sure you have created a budget for the current year in RURAL before you switch.
Your code list, contacts and bank accounts are also brought into Focus and your supplier and bank feeds will continue to work in the new product.
Please note that code split Rules (for separating personal expenses from business expenses), and auto-codes are not brought across from RURAL. These can be created in Focus.
I’m still not sure what Farm Focus offers over Cashmanager RURAL.
- We are continually developing Farm Focus in response to customer feedback, with new features and updates every six weeks. Farm Focus has a feedback function where you can request new features and vote for suggestions that others have made. We use your feedback to prioritise our product development.
- Farm Focus can be accessed anywhere, anytime, and multiple users can work in the software at the same time, making it easy to work online together with your team.
- With the automated input of invoices, and the ability to store invoices and attachments like killsheets alongside your transactions, everything you need is saved in the system.
- Farm Focus offers both Cost tags and Management Tags which are a great tool for separating out specific areas of your business to review the performance of each area individually and as a whole.
- Farm Focus has connectors to Farmlands and Farm Source, as well as to payroll providers including Crystal Payroll and PaySauce, who are experts in payroll and take the hassle out of new requirements such as payday filing.
We have plenty of resources to help you find out more about Farm Focus, and get your questions answered.
- Download our Switch to Focus brochure
- Join our Switch to Focus online training – one of our friendly team will step you through the changes from RURAL and show you how to get the most out of Focus, with plenty of time for questions. You can do this before or after you switch.
- Have a look through our video library.
- Sign up for a free demo and look at the new features available.
- Follow our latest product updates.
Just switched? Have a look through these frequently asked questions.
I’ve just switched – where do I start?
We have plenty of resources to help you get up and running in Farm Focus. Click the green text to open the help links.
- Open our handy step-by-step switching guide will show you what to do when you first log in.
- Join a Switch to Focus webinar if you haven’t already. This is the best way to get up and running in
Farm Focus. One of our friendly team take you through setting up, managing your invoices and transactions, livestock, planning and reports. There is plenty of time to can ask questions and we will show you where to find additional help.
- Watch our video tutorial on setting up Farm Focus. Don’t forget you can pause the video at any time, or adjust the playback speed from the cog wheel at bottom right if you need to watch more slowly.
- Have a look at the Getting Started help articles.
- If you get stuck, have a look in our online help centre or get in touch with our friendly customer support team.
How do I get my accounts to balance in Farm Focus? I was balanced in Cashmanager Rural.
Balancing in Farm Focus takes away the need for manual reconciling that you did in Cashmanager RURAL, and automates the process going forward.
When you switch from Rural to Focus you will probably find that your bank balances need to be reconciled, even if they were reconciled in Rural.
The quickest (and recommended) way to complete balancing after switching is to open the Balancing tab in the Actuals screen and click on the Accept Focus Balances button, which fills the month end balance for each month for each account.
The invoice scanner hasn’t read my invoice properly.
In some cases, the invoice scanner might not pick up all the information in your invoice automatically, but the good news is that it will get better with practice! Watch our video for more detail on how to correct any missing information and train your invoice scanner. Don’t forget you can pause the video at any time, or adjust the playback speed from the cog wheel at bottom right if you need to watch more slowly.
My invoice hasn’t come through from the invoice scanner.
Usually invoices scanned into the invoice scanner appear in Farm Focus within minutes. However sometimes they are a little slower, this may be due to internet speed, or the particular device used to scan. Please be patient – your invoice will arrive within 24 hours at the most.
Why can’t I select invoices for my bill payment file?
If the invoice you are trying to select for your bill payment file is unavailable, there are a couple of things to check.
It may be that the system has not recognized the other party’s name. This occasionally happens even when the name appears to be displayed correctly on the invoice. To fix this, simply open the invoice, click on the Other Party field, and re-select the other party’s name from the drop-down list.
Alternatively it may be that the payee’s bank account details have not been entered correctly. To check this, go to Settings / Contacts, and open the payee’s details. You can edit their bank account details at the bottom of the form.
For more information about exporting a bill payment file from Farm Focus, have a look at our video tutorial.
My stock opening numbers have not migrated properly from Cashmanager Rural to Farm Focus. What should I do?
Open Cashmanager Rural, find your opening livestock numbers and print these out if required. In Farm Focus you can update these numbers from within your Working Plan. Go to the Settings cog, select Livestock and update the Livestock numbers for each stock class as required.
My Farmlands invoice amount does not match my bank transactions.
This could be because some items have been credited back, or paid for in-store since the statement was issued. Open the invoice, find the item and click the three dots menu at right. You can delete the item from here.
How do I match an invoice to an already coded transaction?
Sometimes you might code a transaction instead of matching it to the corresponding invoice. This means the invoice will continue to stay in the Needs Action screen until it is matched to a bank transaction.
How do I delete a working plan?
Once a draft has been set as a working plan it can’t be deleted, however you can over-ride a working plan by setting a new draft plan as your working plan.
Draft working plans can be deleted from the three dots menu to the right of the working plan.
How do I send an invoice directly from Farm Focus?
It’s not possible to send an invoice directly from Farm Focus, but it’s simple to download it and attach it to an email.
Why can’t I deactivate a code?
You can deactivate a code from within Settings / Codes / Farm Codes. Find the code you wish to deactivate and select the three-dot menu at the right of the code where you’ll see the option to deactivate. If the option to deactivate is not available it is likely because the code is included in a planned item. Codes included in planned items cannot be deactivated.
Why haven’t my coding rules migrated from Cashmanager RURAL?
Coding rules are not migrated across to Farm Focus as they have been designed differently, to making coding even simpler. There are two types of coding rules in Farm Focus: invoice coding rules and bank transaction coding rules, and these are set up differently.
It’s easiest to set up your coding rules as you do your coding, that way the rule will pre-populate with the details from your invoice or transaction.
How do I delete or edit a coding rule?
You can delete or edit a coding rule from within Settings / Codes / Coding Rules. Find the rule you wish to edit, then select the three-dot menu to the right of the rule.
What is Team Viewer and how do I download it?
Farm Focus uses TeamViewer to be able to provide remote support. This allows our support team to view what you are viewing on your computer screen, and to talk through any issues you are having and assist you with Farm Focus functionality.