Senior Business Analyst
Sitting within our Product Innovation team, this Senior Business Analyst role offers an opportunity to be involved in the Farm Focus success story. You will bring your exceptional problem solving skills and be the ‘glue’ between our technical, product, and operational teams. You will be integral to the delivery of new product features and enhancements.
Award winning Farm Focus is the leading provider of farm management software in New Zealand. We are a 100% kiwi owned agribusiness company with over 40 years’ experience in the development of software for the rural sector. With more than 10,000 farmers and businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia using our software, our role is to help them to measure and manage their business performance and make better decisions for their future.
We are based in Masterton in a modern office space, where you will be working with the latest technology. We support flexible working, where you will have the option to work from home two days of the week if this suits you. We’d also be open to having you join us in either a part-time or full-time capacity. We have onsite car parking, plus all that the beautiful Wairarapa has to offer at your doorstep!
The Senior Business Analyst will bring clarity to project requirements as well as:
- Work collaboratively with UX, Technology and Operations team members to connect the dots.
- Identify, define and document requirements and user stories.
- Be the ‘doer’ in the team, creating documents and any other outputs needed to keep projects moving forward.
- Create technical and operational solutions in collaboration with the UX Lead.
- Build relationships with third party providers to gather information and create solutions.
- You will also have the opportunity to support the team with Scrum Master responsibilities.
You will be collaborative and adaptable, with a desire to continuously learn. You will have previous experience in an analysis-based role, perhaps in a product or process environment. You may also have experience gained within a similar financial services or SaaS organisation. You will also ideally have:
- Relationship building and communication skills which are second to none.
- Initiative and self-motivation with an output-focused approach.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and financial data.
- Problem-solving skills, knowing the right questions to ask to find solutions
- Demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst within an Agile environment.
- Project experience specifically on web and SaaS products would be a benefit.
We are a highly agile team and need a like-minded individual to join us. In return, we offer a fun, collaborative environment, where we celebrate success and support your growth.
To apply, or to find out more about the role, please email Mai Griffiths, HR Advisor Farm Focus, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are reviewing applications as we go, so if you think you have what it takes please apply today with your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and why you would be a great addition to our Product Innovation team.