Intermediate/Senior Test Analyst
This Test Analyst role offers an opportunity to be involved in the Farm Focus success story. Working within an Agile environment as part of our Product Innovation team, you’ll provide test and QA services that are integral to the delivery of new product features and enhancements. You will also assist in driving more automation through our build process and regression suite. As part of our test team, you will develop and execute test plans to ensure a high quality product. In addition you will:
- Work collaboratively with developers to manage defects and encourage best practices around test coverage
- Work with business analysts to identify and document test scenarios for sprints
- Specify requirements and standards for different environments including test data preparation, refresh and update
- Develop regression testing checklist and procedures, ensuring developer involvement
- Contribute to the ongoing development of internal test and defect management processes.
Award winning Farm Focus is the leading provider of farm financial and management software in New Zealand. We are a 100% kiwi owned agribusiness company with over 40 years’ experience in the development of software for the rural sector. With more than 10,000 farmers and businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia using our software, our role is to help them to measure and manage their business performance and make better decisions for their future.
We are based in Masterton in a modern office space where you will be working with the latest technology. We support flexible working, where you will have the option to work from home for two days of the week if this suits you. We have onsite car parking, plus all that the beautiful Wairarapa has to offer at your doorstep.
You are collaborative and adaptable and enjoy sharing your knowledge and coaching others to ensure the highest standards in test and QA. You will have demonstrated experience as an Intermediate or Senior Test Analyst within an Agile environment, perhaps in a product or process environment. You may also have experience gained within a similar farming, financial services or SaaS organisation.
You will also ideally have:
- Sound knowledge of the SDLC and experience in modern test methods and approaches.
- Some technical understanding of the hosting environment, e.g. Linux/web applications and GIT.
- Relationship building and communication skills which are second to none
- Initiative and self-motivation with an output-focused approach
- SQL, API testing and AWS experience is beneficial but not essential.
We are a highly Agile team and need a like-minded individual to join us. In return, we offer a fun, collaborative environment, where we celebrate success and support your growth.
We are reviewing applications as we go, so if you think you have what it takes apply today! Apply with your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and why you would be a great addition to our team. If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Mai Griffiths, HR Advisor Farm Focus, at firstname.lastname@example.org